As a website owner, you need a website contact form so that people can contact you quickly, which makes sense. But it isn’t easy to choose the best way to do this without puzzling your visitors.
In this blog, we will show you how to build a contact form in WordPress. We will break down the entire process in this step-by-step guide, so even learners can do it.
Why Build A Contact Form In WordPress?
Before learning how to set up a contact form in WordPress, let’s discuss its importance on the website.
There are many ins and outs to add a contact form to your website! Fortunately, adding a contact form is super easy than clicking the submit button. But why do you want to do this?
Have You Heard Of Spam?
Issuing your email address on your website is one of the best ways to request junk. This is why many of the top WordPress contact form plugins have spam protection features such as verification codes and ReCaptcha.
As you learn how to create powerful contact forms, let us see more things you can do:
• Information control. Through the contact form, you can control the data collected through your website. This restricts the number of emails sent and received.
• Simple communication. Adding a contact form makes it simple for people to stay in touch. They are also easier to submit suggestions, comments, and questions.
• The organization of the message. Many contact forms comprise a subject line to help you understand who sent you the message.
• Prevent spam. The contact form skins your email address, so spammers cannot send uninvited emails.
Install The Contact Form Plugin
First, you need to download the Gravity Forms plugin. You can use the free version or the professional version. The freemium provides the main functions needed to create contact forms, personalize forms, add notifications, and manage submissions.
To begin with, ensure that you have downloaded the official plugin from “Gravity Forms” on your WordPress website directory. Afterward, download the official booking addon from the directory. To do so, follow these phases:
- Browse to the authorized product, select a package, and download the plugin.
- Once downloaded, activate the plugin on your WordPress website by following the path.
- Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugins → Choose File → Install Now
- Once it is activated, the option “Forms” will appear in your WordPress dashboard sidebar.
Here you successfully download and activate the plugin on your WordPress; now initiate the second phase, which is your plugin’s configuration. Let’s move !!
The configuration has been divided into three simple steps to be followed, and you can easily configure your booking form into your WordPress.
- Navigate to the Forms in your WordPress admin dashboard sidebar and click on New Form.
- In the next window, as shown below. Set your form Title, Description (optional), and click on the Create Form button to continue.
- Now, you’re free to set up your form through the drag and drop function; you can build a form as per requirement. Click on the Advanced Fields and select any tab you want to add to your form.
- Resulting, click on the Booking Fields section to increase it and pick the services you want to place on your booking form.
A user can also modify the label description according to the availability of services. Click Update to save settings.
Congratulations! Your form has been created on your WordPress booking website.
Now, enjoy gravity booking from advanced features and services.
In contrast, the premium version is powered by more innovative features including, email notification, list building, conditional logic, integration with third-party plugins, and much more.
If you want to contribute your part with your visitors and gather their valued feedback, you must add an accessible contact form on your WordPress site. With it, you can also build trust and avoid serious spam issues.